Today, more and more VSEs and large groups delegate the cleaning of their premises to external service providers. Yet, it is a task usually managed internally. What are the advantages for these companies of outsourcing the cleaning of their offices? How does it work? Through this guide, written by the DNA Propreté & Services team, a specialist in Cleaning Services in Spanaway and its surroundings, you will find all the answers to your questions on this subject.
What are the benefits of outsourcing the cleaning of your business premises?
Are you still hesitating to delegate your company’s cleaning services to an external service provider? Here are some reasons why outsourcing is a good solution:
- Going through an external service provider to clean your premises is a way to optimize your salary budget. Indeed, you will save personnel costs since you will no longer have to hire personnel for this task. You will also realize significant savings since you will not have to invest in specific equipment and the regular purchase of cleaning products.
- Subscribing to a cleaning contract with an outside company also allows you to refocus on your activities’ heart. If your surface technician is on sick leave, for example, your premises will not remain dirty until he recovers and comes back to work. You will have a cleaning agent at your disposal daily and without delay, during the year if you work with an external service provider.
- Outsourcing the cleaning of your premises also allows you to benefit from real experts in the field. Indeed, the agents of the cleaning companies were specifically for their profession. Also, they have qualified know-how. You will therefore be guaranteed a job well done.
- You benefit from a service that meets your expectations since a cleaning company generally offers tailor-made offers. For example, you have the opportunity to let them know your requirements on cleaning duration, intervention times, surfaces to be cleaned, the use of environmentally friendly cleaning products, etc.
What kinds of services can a cleaning company offer you?
If you use a cleaning company, you can take advantage of several services such as:
- The maintenance of your office and common rooms, including dusting and vacuuming the furniture and the floor, but also the emptying of trash.
- Washing windows and bay windows.
- The cleaning and disinfection of sanitary facilities.
- The supply and replacement of consumables such as toilet paper, light bulbs, and many more.
- Maintenance of green spaces or cleaning of the car park.
An external company specializing in cleaning can also take care of specific tasks such as:
- End-of-work cleaning.
- The handling of bulky items before or after a business move.
- The cleaning of graffiti.
- Cleaning after water damage or fire.
What about the security of computer equipment?
Are you afraid of your computer equipment’s safety? This is the reason why you hesitate to delegate the cleaning of your premises to an external company? This is completely legitimate on your part since the computer equipment is expensive and essential to the staff while it is very fragile. You don’t have to worry because cleaning agents have been specifically trained for their job.
To clean computer screens, keyboards, mice, and central units, they will use, for example, specific disinfectant wipes or a damp, soft cloth. For keyboards gaps, officers can use a battery-powered vacuum with a thin nozzle. These professionals will not disassemble your central units to clean them. Some of them use a compressed air bomb to get rid of the dust that lodges outside. And of course, they’ll take care to shut down all computers before getting down to business.
Do cleaning companies use specific equipment?
The answer is yes. To be efficient and quick with each intervention, professional cleaning agents use quality equipment such as:
- The scrubber for vacuuming, washing, and drying both floors and stairs.
- The mono brush for cleaning, stripping, polishing, and polishing floors at the same time.
- The cleaning trolley is equipped with wheels to simplify the transport of cleaning equipment in all rooms. It can hold brooms, rags, sponges, cleaning supplies, buckets, and garbage cans.
- The steam cleaner or the high-pressure cleaner to carry out in-depth cleaning of floors and walls in office rooms and craft workshops.
- The vacuum cleaner: depending on the needs on each site, cleaning professionals can take a conventional vacuum cleaner or a specific model such as sawdust, ash, asbestos, water, etc.
Using specifications for the external cleaning service provider: recommended or not?
Of course, specifications are essential since it is an excellent way to remind your service provider of his result’s obligation. Define all the tasks that must be carried out, the intervention schedules, each service’s cost, details on each room to be cleaned, etc.
To avoid unpleasant surprises, it is advisable to organize a visit to your professional premises before the first intervention and then show him the specifications that you have established. This way, the provider will know from the start whether or not it is capable of meeting this obligation of result.