How to clean carpet without washing
Rugs quickly get dirty no matter how hard you try to keep them clean, children and pets, along with your guests who forget to take off their shoes, all this over time will make them get dirty over time, which may prompt you to wash them or send them for cleaning, and although they may come back clean again, with Time and frequent washing will lose its luster. Frequent cleaning may cause erosion and damage to its lint. Stubborn stains may leave a trace that does not go away, so you eventually have to change it, so many housewives are looking for a way to clean carpets without washing, so we dedicated this article to you, to tell you different ways to clean your carpet without having to wash it.
For the carpet cleaning services in Milton, contact Premier Janitorial. It is a well-known cleaning company.
How to clean carpet without washing
Even with covering the carpet, and being very careful not to get it dirty, a cup of juice may fall on it or get dirty in any other way, and as we mentioned, frequent carpet washing will make its life short, so in order not to leave stains on your carpet, you can sparkling it with ingredients available to you, In a simple way, it will give you impressive results, and make your carpet look new without washing, namely:
- Use a vacuum cleaner at first to pull out dust and dirt.
- Sprinkle baking soda ( sodium bicarbonate ) on the carpet, leave it for at least an hour, and then vacuum it by using a vacuum cleaner. Baking soda helps get rid of carpet odors.
- Mix a 1 liter warm water with a cup of vinegar and a tablespoon of dish soap, wet a carpet brush with the mixture, and then scrub the entire carpet, focusing on the spots.
- Fill another bowl with 1 liter of warm water with one tablespoon of baking soda, then using a clean sponge or cloth, start scrubbing the carpet again.
- Allow the carpet to dry completely, and you can use a fan to dry it quickly.
- Spray upholstery freshener on the carpet to give it a pleasant smell. You can add four drops of lavender, lemon, or rose oils to a cup of water in a spray flask and spray the carpets with any of them as well.
If the carpet stains are stubborn, we will tell you another way to clean heavily soiled carpets below.
How to clean a very dirty carpet
Over time, stains may leave their traces on your carpet, which can be frustrating for you, especially if it is expensive, so learn the following how to clean heavily soiled carpets and how to get rid of stubborn stains:
- Clean the carpets well, using a vacuum cleaner.
- Sprinkle baking soda – as before – on the entire carpet to get rid of lingering odors, and sweep it up with a broom.
- Mix four liters of warm water with one cup of 10 water, one tablespoon of baking soda, 1 table spoon of dish soap, and 1 tablespoon of fabric softener.
- Dip a carpet brush in the mixture, then rub the stains.
- Sprinkle some baking soda on the oxygen water, undiluted on stubborn stains, and scrub with the brush.
- Fill another bowl with water, dip a washcloth in the water, and rub the carpet again.
If you notice that there are static some spots, you can try this method as well:
- Mix ¼ cup of salt, ¼ cup of borax, and ¼ cup of vinegar in a small bowl, to make a paste.
- Apply a minor amount of this mixture to the stained area in the carpet, scrub with a brush, and then rinse with a cloth dampened with water.
- Let the carpet dry and spray it with a freshener.
We have presented you with a dear way to clean carpets without washing, be sure to test these mixtures on a small part of the carpets first to ensure that they do not affect the colors. We advise you to put a cover on the carpet if you have young children, to protect it from dirt and food residues, and try to prepare a mixture of water, vinegar, baking soda, and dish soap in a bottle and use it as soon as the carpet is dirty so that the stains do not dry out and are difficult to remove later.